The following article is an approximate transcript of the video above.
Jarrod Fairclough – You may not know this, but The Muppet Mindset is based in Melbourne, Australia. And, if you’ve been watching the news, you’ll know my entire country is on fire at the moment. Dozens have lost their lives, thousands of homes have been lost, and close to one billion animals have perished – and things are going to get worse before they get better.
So, with help from my pals at ToughPigs.com, I’ve created a fundraising idea aimed at you Muppet fans. What I want you to do is this:
- Head to one of these links:
– New South Wales Rural Fire Service
– Country Fire Authority Victoria
– Red Cross Disaster Relief
– Port Macquarie Koala Hospital
- Donate whatever you can – truly, every dollar counts, whatever you can contribute would be amazing.
- Screenshot the proof of donation and email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address.
And that’s it! Now, why do you need to send me your address? Well, in one week, I’ll be selecting some random donator names out of a hat, and those people will win some pretty cool prizes!
My pals at Sesame Workshop are donating an 8.5 inch Elmo Mighty Jaxx figure, only available in Asia, signed by Elmo’s performer Ryan Dillon.
The Jim Henson Company are donating a copy of The Making of Age of Resistance, signed by Executive Producer and daughter of Jim, Lisa Henson.
The folks behind Muppet Babies are donating a Baby Kermit plush, signed by Executive Producer and voice of Baby Kermit, Matt Danner.
Joe Hennes from ToughPigs and I are coming together to give you a chance to ask us whatever you like in a Google Hangout. We might even tell you some behind the scenes stuff that we’ve never posted!
Not content with just that, Joe Hennes is also offering another lucky winner a grab bag of Muppet merchandise, including some Diamond Select stuff, and some other fun surprises!
Finally, Muppet performer Noel MacNeal is donating a personalised video, from this guy:
In your email to me, please give me the top 3 prizes you’re interested in – that stops someone who perhaps hasn’t seen Age of Resistance winning the book, someone who isn’t familiar with Muppet Babies winning the plush, etc.
Now for the boring rules and regulations:
- One entry per person, you can’t donate 5 times and get 5 different entries.
- The amount donated does not correlate with your chances of winning – someone who donates $500 has the same chance of winning as someone who donates $5.
Thank you very much for your time, and in advance for your donations. Thanks to those great folk who have donated prizes. Thanks to ToughPigs for their help. I’ll see you guys in a week to announce the winners and to tell you how much we’ve raised!