Ryan Dosier – Greetings, Muppet fans! You’ll remember that last year I declared today the International Day of Muppet Things I’m Thankful For to coincide with American Thanksgiving. Well, I’m not one to break a new annual traditions that early… so I’m here once again with a list of things I’m thankful for this year! (Kept relatively short because I’m literally writing this while food is being made and it smells way too good for me to sit here for too much longer.)
- Sesame Street – Now in its 41st season, the show that has taught me how to laugh, love, and learn still dazzles me every day. I tune in whenever I can to see the fun of Elmo, Telly, and Abby playing “The A-Team” or Super Grover 2.0 blundering while dealing with some new problem or will.i.am and the Muppets gathering to sing “What I Am.” I’m so thankful that Sesame Street is still around for the kid inside–and outside–all of us. It is a true treasure that I’m thankful for every day.
- The Muppets – The new Muppet movie written by and starring Jason Segel has been under production for just over a few weeks now–and I couldn’t be more thrilled! We’ve already seen pictures from the set, we’ve already met new Muppet, Walter, and it’s already beyond exciting. I can’t wait to see what more there is for us to be blown away by! I’m so ridiculously thankful that this project is actually happening… and that in just over a year’s time, we’ll be able to go to a theater and actually watch the movie.
- New Friends – I’ve had the extreme pleasure of making some incredible new friends this year–ones that I’m thankful for constantly. Some friends I’ve made since last year’s post include Jarrod Fairclough, Joe Hennes, Ryan Roe, Anthony Strand, Danny Beckwith, James Silvani, Jesse Blaze Snider, Matt Vogel, Bill Barretta, Emilio Delgado, Fran Brill, Zoe, and plenty of other people I’m probably forgetting… but like I said, this is food-induced amnesia, I swear. I’m thankful for all of you!
- Old Friends – And, of course, every day I’m thankful for all of my friends, not just the new ones. Friends like Lisa “The Intern” Alexander, Matthew Drapper, Louis Henry Mitchell, James Gannon, Steve Swanson, Dave Hulteen, Jr., Beth Kondrick, Ed Castle, Shane Keating, Michael Wermuth, Jr., and many, many others remind me every day why I started this blog–and I’m beyond thankful to them for that!
- You – I think I said this last year… but above all, I’m thankful for you, Muppet fans. You’re why The Muppet Mindset is even remotely a success, you’re why I keep it going every day, and you’re the reason I’m most thankful. So thank you for everything you do without even knowing you do it!
And now… if you’ll excuse me, I think there’s a turkey calling my name.
The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier