Ryan Dosier – Recently, it has come to my attention that there are a lot of important Muppet people working right now that a lot of casual Muppet fans have never heard of. I was very bothered by this, since all of these people are doing such awesome things with the Muppets right now, it’s a shame that they’re not more well known among the fan-base. I thought I would solve that little problem by compiling a list of some People Muppet Fans Need to Know.
- Lylle Breier – General Manager of The Muppets Studio and all-around awesome lady. A lot of this recent push of the Muppets back into the limelight was thanks to her.
- Jim Lewis – Muppet Consultant and writer. He’s responsible for making the Muppets just that: Muppets. He makes sure Piggy says Piggy things and Kermit says Kermit things and so on. He can probably be attributed to why the Muppets have been so good recently.
- Jason Segel – Writer and human star of the upcoming The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time. Segel’s pitch for a new Muppet movie is what ignited this whole Muppet Renaissance. Also, self-proclaimed Muppet fanatic. Starred in the Muppet-referencing Forgetting Sarah Marshall and in the TV show How I Met Your Mother.
- Nicholas Stoller – Writer of the upcoming The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time. Has been promoting the heck out of The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time.
- James Bobin – Director of the upcoming The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time. Has been noted as a sort of Muppet freak. Also directed Flight of the Conchords.
- Matt Vogel – Muppet performer. Performs Floyd Pepper, Robin the Frog, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and others. Also writer and director for Sesame Street.
- Cory Edwards – Writer/director of the upcoming Fraggle Rock feature film. Huge Muppet fan who knows exactly what he’s doing.
- Carol-Lynne Parente – Executive producer of Sesame Street since season 37. Accepted the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Daytime Emmys.
- David Rudman – Daytime Emmy-nominated Muppet performer. Performs Baby Bear and Cookie Monster for Sesame Street. Performs Scooter and Janice for The Muppets.
- Joey Mazzarino – Daytime Emmy-nominated Muppet performer. Performs Murray Monster and various other characters on Sesame Street. Also writer and director for the show.
- Louis Henry Mitchell – Associate Design Director of Special Projects for Sesame Street. Ace photographer, and one of the nicest guys around.
- Neil Patrick Harris – Self-proclaimed Henson fanatic. Most well known roles include Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother, Doogie Howser in Doogie Howser, M.D., and Dr. Horrible in Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. No really important reason to know him… but he’s at the top of my list for cameos in the next Muppet movie.
The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier